Freelance project officer
Leicester’s Centre for Indian Classical Dance (CICD) has been awarded over £40,000 by the Heritage Lottery Fund to deliver its current project, which runs until April 2020. Poshak Puralekh celebrates the many dance costumes amassed since the Centre’s foundation in 1981 by Nilima Devi MBE. It will record these, find good homes for them, and run a programme of public events, including some at Leicester’s Museums. Most events will take place between August 2019 and February 2020.
We are looking for a freelance project officer to deliver 350 hours work (50 full days equivalent) over the course of the project, to oversee it and co-ordinate delivery. The successful candidate will report to CICD’s Artistic Director, and be based at CICD’s offices, 50 Churchill St, Leicester LE2 1FH. Normal working patterns can be agreed in advance, but sometimes evening, weekend and bank-holiday work will be needed.
We will pay £10,000 (£28.57 per hour) to the successful candidate, who will be suitably experienced and meets our job requirements,
Oversees and co-ordinates day to day delivery of the Poshak Puralekh HLF funded project in accordance with the policies and priorities of the Centre for Indian Classical Dance (CICD) and the terms of the HLF grant.
Reports to Nilima Devi, the Project Manager and also CICD’s Artistic/Creative Director.
Based at CICD’s offices, 50 Churchill St, Leicester, LE2 1FH.
The project officer will:
1. Co-ordinate and support delivery of the project plan, including monitoring delivery progress, community engagement, volunteer activities, and digital interpretation
2. Create, promote and deliver a programme of ten plus events
3. Co-ordinate and facilitate meetings of the project team and support other people involved e.g. trainers and facilitators
4. Maintain and manage all filing systems for the project, keeping a record of project activities and submit claims and reports to HLF
5. Work with the Project Manager to create a marketing plan then co-ordinate marketing activities
6. Raise the profile of the project and deal with enquiries from press and public relating to it
7. Liaise with external organisations to maximise partnership opportunities.
8. Monitor project expenditure and produce reports as required
9. Support project evaluation
10. Any other duties as required
A. Training, Education and Knowledge
A community, museum or arts qualification, OR experience in one of these areas (Essential)
Knowledge of Leicester’s diverse communities (Desirable)
Knowledge of South Asian culture, especially dance (Desirable)
Knowledge of social inclusion and cultural diversity issues (Essential)
Ability to communicate in a South Asian language (Desirable)
Experience of working in a community, education, arts, museum or heritage field (Essential)
Experience of working with diverse audiences (Desirable)
Experience of managing financial resources (Essential)
Experience of project co-ordination (Essential)
Experience of marketing (Essential)
C. Equal Opportunity
Able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and be willing to put CICD’s commitment to equalities into practice (Essential)
Committed to widening audiences and delivering activities that are relevant to and reflective of modern Leicester (Essential)
D. Other Skills
Able to deal effectively with competing demands/needs (Essential)
Good interpersonal and organizational skills (Essential)
Good ICT, written presentational and interpretative skills (Essential)
Ability to co-ordinate project volunteers (Essential)
E. Other Conditions
Flexible working hours including evening, weekend and bank holidays (Essential)
Closing date: 22/02/2019
Company Name: Centre for Indian Classical Dance Leicester (CICD)